Ever since the proliferated use of the computers and cell phones, I was interested in protecting ourselves from EMF -ElectroMagnetic Field radiation. You know, I have an engineering degree, so is my interest in applicable electromagnetic devices for improving health is well justified. I also understand physics, and know, that every device that is run by electrical current may have dirty electricity and potential harmful magnetic field - measurable EMF (F for Fog). Hard science, can be difficult for many of us to comprehend.
Here is the book "The Non-tinfoil guide to EMFs" that is written by investigative health journalist in a plain language with plenty of great resources.
What I do to protect us from EMF?
1. Do not use the laptop on my lap, since I use WiFi (my computer is not connected to Router by the old fashion cable wire), it emits tons of harmful EMF. My computer sits on WrapTop - Magnetic Shielding, check out Lessemf.com. If you absolutely insist on using your laptop on top of your lap, buy Defender Pad.
2. Most computers come with ungrounded cords (two prongs) - I bought USB grounding cords for our computers. If you do not have it yet, please charge your computer when it is not in use, otherwise use it on a battery power.
3. Keep the distance between you and your screens (laptops, phone, tablets) as much as you can. EMF is distance sensitive –At least one foot away from your body, please!
4. Most of all, protect your children, Belly Armor is a great resource for shielding babes that are born or still inside of you, with the blankets made of radiation shield material.
The site has other great devices and EMF protecting clothes for grown ups who invented and constantly use this amazing technology. Anyone totally attached to their cell phone day and night? We all at some point fit this profile and we must protect ourselves more in our daily lives.
5. Buy Shielding Pouch for WiFi Router to reduce microwave radiation, if you're not willing to turn off your router at night, which is the best source of action - please avoid sleeping in a sea of radiation. Signal Tamer from www.lessemf.com will reduce this radiation.
6. Buy your phone a BlackOut Patch, that you can attach to the back of your phone– Get your loved ones a patch as well! A less sexy option is the BlocSock, if you have a habit of holding the phone to your head. For iPad and other tablets - iPad POUCH www.lessemf.com
7. Are you using earphones? Please attach Ferrite Snap Beads to the wires, as I did, easy. They reduce radio frequency radiation.
8. Switch to Airplane mode, when you're using your phone in the metal boxes we call "cars." You get the worst exposure, since the radiation waves are bouncing around. I am not aware of any cars yet that use radiation blocking material for their interiors. Download music and podcasts, if you are maximizing your time while driving - so there's no wifi needed.
9. Avoid using your devices when reception is bad, since some phones can ramp up their harmful emissions during this time.
Want to know more on the subject, here is another book – "Zapped."
And of course, do not hesitate to ask me for help.