I recently learned about a new policy consortium on Integrative Healthcare. If you are as passionate about healthcare in our country as I am, check it out here: https://ihpc.rallycongress.net/ctas/advance-integrative-healthcare.
I did send a letter to Senators Blumenthal & Murphy as well as Representative Himes in support of the Congressional Integrative Health and Wellness Caucus, co-founded by Rep. Mike Coffman, R-Colo., and Jared Polis, D-Colo. The Caucus will provide legislators and other policy and regulatory officials opportunity to understand how shifting focus in healthcare to prevention, health creation and health promotion can create cost savings while improving health outcomes for Americans.
As a professional reflexologist with twenty years of experience in the field, I can attest to the power of this complementary modality in health maintenance and disease prevention. For your immediate information:
Reflexology is a protocol of manual techniques applied to specific reflex areas predominantly on the feet and hands. These techniques stimulate the complex neural pathways linking body systems, supporting the body’s efforts to function optimally.
The effectiveness of reflexology is recognized worldwide by various national health institutions and the public at large as a distinct complementary practice within the holistic health field. (RAA 2016)
NIH - National Institute of Health recognition:
The NIH recognized Reflexology as one of the therapeutic methods in the NIH departments, as well as on their website.
Some research information on reflexology:
• Reflexology reduces feeling of pain – UoP (University of Portsmouth)
• Reflexology reduces acute pain in infants PubMed NIH
• Reflexology recognized particularly in reducing pain – UM (University of Minnesota)
• Reflexology at Dana-Farber http://blog.dana-farber.org/insight/2016/07/how-can-reflexology-help-cancer-patients/
• Reflexology at Michigan University, funds by the NCI (National Cancer Institute) http://nursing.msu.edu/News%20and%20Events/Latest%20News/
• Sleep & Insomnia -
• IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
• MRI Validate Reflexology - http://www.healingbalance.org/1/post/2014/10/scientists-use-mri-to-validate-reflexology.html