I'm offering this simple recipe, as it seems the energy runs low for many of us here in the Northeast. Cold and dark weather calls for a Power Smoothie to please the taste and muscles in our bodies. Sure you may have already escaped to the sunny beaches of Florida or California, but you can still make this pleasant morning drink instead of a cup of Bulletproof coffee and croissant - my personal guilty indulgence, although not that often nowadays.
This smoothie combines health and energy boosting essentials like healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals, into one convenient on-the-go option. Add ingredients to a high powered blender. You may add your other multi-vitamin and minerals that you take in capsules/tablets – they wind up in your stomach anyway. Blend until well combined — ready in under 5 minutes!
- 8 oz coconut milk (Natural Value has it in BPA free can lining at Trader's Joe's)
- 1 scoop raw organic chocolate protein powder from Garden of Life
- 1 Tablespoon of Styrian Gold Pumpkin Seed oil
- 4 oz of organic frozen berries, or ½ – 1 full frozen banana
- 2 Tablespoons nut butter (Almond or Cashew or Hazelnut)
Top with cacao nibs and enjoy! Here is the link to Fullscript, where you can order some ingredients at a 20% discount, as my client. Check the tab Power Food on your left.